Recite Me

Need a translation? Visit health information in other languages. If you need urgent help, call NHS 111 - tell them you need a translator.

Need help finding us? Click here

Coronavirus: Wash hands, cover face, make space…. Find our Covid-19 information and updates here.

  • Covid banner

    Coronavirus (COVID-19): Information for patients and visitors

    You can find up to date information on Trust services as well as NHS advice and guidance and links to other national and local support resources. 

    Find out more

  • protect banner website

    Vaccines safety 

    We understand that there is a lot of anxiety around the safety of the vaccines. The coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccines are safe and effective. They will give you the best protection against coronavirus. 

    Find out more

  • SLL dig survey website

    South London Listens: new community survey launched

    A new community survey has just been launched as part of South London Listens to help find the solutions to the impact Covid-19 has had on the mental health of our communities.

    Find out more

  • News page images 201611

    NHS is still here for you 

    We continue to see patients at all our sites, as well as in their homes, and have a number of measures in place to ensure our sites are Covid secure, including the wearing of face masks and coverings, deep cleaning, one-way signage and cleaning stations.

Support for younger carers

Support for younger carers

Tell someone If you are spending a lot of time looking after a family member or doing lots of chores around the house.

Even if it seems like you are only worrying about your relative and not really looking after them, you can get help. Worrying like this is called emotional caring. Other types of caring include doing things like cooking, cleaning, looking after younger siblings and helping someone to take their medication correctly.

Teachers at school, a social worker, a doctor or a family friend can all help you. You can also contact a Young Carers service directly yourself to talk to them about your situation. See the contact details for these below.


If you are a parent with mental health or substance misuse difficulties, you are not alone.  Many others are in a similar situation.  There is plenty of support available for you and your children. Talk to your GP or care co-ordinator if you have one for further information about the support available.

The Triangle of Care

The Triangle of Care

The Triangle of Care (ToC) membership scheme promotes shared working between carers, professionals and people using services.

The Triangle of Care recommends better partnership working between service users and their carers, and organisations.  It was developed by carers and staff to improve carer engagement in acute inpatient and home treatment services.  

The guide includes lots of good practice examples. These have been shared by organisations to enable faster and wider carer involvement and support. These and many other good practice examples are available on the Royal College of Nursing’s Virtual Ward – in the Triangle of Care and carers and families sections.

The Triangle of Care programme has shown that many frontline staff are unaware of who young carers are and their needs. Carers Trust has produced a supplementary resource to help staff understand the needs of young and young adult carers, the challenges to identifying them and how to overcome them.

Trust awarded Stage 2 status

We are very proud to announce that following a detailed interview and scrutiny process of SWLSTG’s performance and work to date as part around our carers agenda, we have been awarded the prestigious Stage 2 Triangle of Care Membership Scheme.

Following a peer review event, we became a 2 star Trust, one of only 20 Mental Health Trusts across the UK who have been given this award.

Carers and confidentiality

Carers and confidentiality

We do our best to keep carers, family members and friends informed and involved.

There will always be a named care co-ordinator or other professional who supports the person using our services to achieve their care plan goals, and who you can talk to.

Sometimes we are bound by confidentiality and the patient's wishes and cannot share certain information with you. In these situations we will explain this to you. We can still listen to you and provide you with information and support in your own right.

If the person you care for is being detained under the Mental Health Act you have certain rights.

If you are considered the ‘nearest relative’ of the person you care for, you have certain rights under the Act. There is a clear legal definition of ‘nearest relative’ and not all carers are covered by it.

You can find out more about your rights as a carer relating to the Mental Health Act in our Mental Health Act leaflet on on the Mental Health Act pages.


Patient Information

Patient information

Anyone who has ever had a mental health condition, or who has been worried about the mental health of someone else, knows the value of reliable, up-to-date information.

We know that it can be a scary trying to navigate your way through all the information available. We will give you the information you need to help your treatment and recovery.

We have been accredited as a provider of high quality health information by NHS England's Information Standard scheme, which assesses organisations on the way they develop and produce patient information. As an accredited organisation, you can trust that the information we provide is balanced, up-to-date and based on the latest evidence.

As part of this process we regularly review our core patient information leaflets and we would be interested to hear your thoughts. Please take some time to look at these leaflets and let us know if they are useful and informative and if you think they are easy to understand. You can complete a quick survey for each leaflet (four questions) or you can email your thoughts to – don't forget to let us know which leaflet you are referring to if you email.

Please view our patient information library here to see the leaflets and then complete this survey for each leaflet you review – you can review as many as you want.

All feedback that we receive will help us to improve our patient information leaflets.

If you would like any of our leaflets in another language, or format, please contact us with your name, address and deails of which format you require -

Translations panel2



Latest News

Read more

Ways to Contact Us