Recite Me

Need a translation? Visit health information in other languages. If you need urgent help, call NHS 111 - tell them you need a translator.

Need help finding us? Click here

Coronavirus: Wash hands, cover face, make space…. Find our Covid-19 information and updates here.

  • workforus2022

    Join our Trust

    We believe that good staff and good patient experience go hand in hand and the people who work with us are at the very heart of delivering an excellent service to our patients.

    Find out more

  • Site access and parking changes at Springfield this winter


    To facilitate ongoing construction works at Springfield, the Burntwood Lane entrance, and this section of road leading into the site, will be closed to pedestrians and vehicles from Monday 5 December 2022 until late April 2023.

    Find out more

  • Get in touch

    We want to hear from you if you have a comment, concern or compliment. If you have any questions or something to tell us about any of our services please talk to a member of staff such as the ward manager or matron in the service you are using.

    Find out more

  • Springfield 1016

    Springfield moves

    This autumn our Trust will be opening two brand new mental health facilities at Springfield University Hospital in Wandsworth.

    Find out more



We want to make sure that the services we provide are accessible to all sections of the communities we serve and are committed to ensuring effective communication with patients, their relatives and carers.

We recognise that patients, relatives and carers with a limited  understanding and use of English may have difficulty with complex medical language and the written word when discussing complex medical conditions.

We provide the following communications support:

  • interpreting (spoken languages)
  • sign language
  • tele-interpreting

If you or your relative need communications support please ask a member of staff in the team you will be visiting and they will be pleased to arrange for suitable support to be available.

British Sign Language (BSL) interpreters are available at the trust and our Deaf services are staffed by both Deaf and hearing staff who are proficient in BSL.


Advocacy services

Advocacy services

An advocate works for you.  They can explain your rights under the Mental Health Act and help you to express any concerns you may have about your treatment. They can represent you at meetings, ensuring that your point of view is heard.

An advocate can also help in preparing for your care plan as well as researching information and helping you to assess the treatment options available.

Advocacy services support patients; there are separate advocacy services that offer support to carers. They are independent from the Trust and their service is free. The service they offer is completely confidential and non-judgemental. You can refer yourself for advocacy services, or a carer, relative or mental health professional can make a referral on your behalf.

If you need to refer someone for advocacy services and wish to discuss it further, please contact:

Sue Bradley - 

Rethink Advocacy Service

Tel: 020 3513 6055/6739

Local advocacy services

Kingston Advocacy Group
Siddeley House
50 Canbury Park Road
Surrey KT2 6LX
Tel: 020 8549 1028
Fax: 020 8549 1050
Springfield Rethink Advocacy Service
Rooms 11 and 12, Building 3
Springfield University Hospital
61 Glenburnie Road
London SW17 7DJ
Tel: 020 3513 6055/6739
Sutton Advocacy for Mental Health Service
14 Beacon Grove
Surrey SM5 3BA
Tel: 020 8773 3692
Advocacy Partners Sutton advocacy services for people with disabilities
McMillan House
54 Cheam Common Rd
Worcester Park
Surrey KT4 8RH
Tel: 020 8330 6644
Fax: 020 8330 6622

Benefit advice

Benefit advice

Living with a mental health condition or caring for someone with a mental health condition can make managing money and securing work difficult. We can help you understand what you can do and what support is available.

Patients and the people who care for them are often entitled to a range of welfare benefits. Specialist advisers in our welfare benefits team can help you with any benefits queries.

If you live in Wandworth, Merton or Sutton you can contact our welfare benefits team by calling 0203 513 6469

If you live in Richmonf or Kingston you can contact your local Citizens' Advice Bureau, or talk to KAG on 0208 549 1028.

You can find more information about the support available in the patient information leaflets listed below.

Spiritual and pastoral care

Spiritual and pastoral care

The Department of Spiritual and Pastoral Care offers a Trust-wide service with chaplains based at Tolworth, Queen Mary's and Springfield hospitals.

We hold regular services at each hospital and can provide you with help to practise your faith, whatever that may be. We can make contact with leaders of faith groups beyond those that are directly represented within the Trust.

We can also help if you are seeking meaning at a time of personal distress. We regularly visit all the inpatient units and are available to both patients and staff. In this way, we try to offer a friendly face and a listening ear when it is required.

Contact details

  • Queen Mary's Hospital: 0203 513 3695
  • Springfield University Hospital: 0203 513 6265
  • Tolworth Hospital: 0203 513 5122

At least one chaplain is always available from Sunday to Friday. Any messages left on our answering machine will be picked up and passed on to the relevant chaplain.


Latest News

Read more

Ways to Contact Us