Register for the Recovery College
Thank you for your interest in joining South West London Recovery College.
We need some information about you for our records; this is in case we need to contact you or the team/service that you receive services from.
Please note that the wearing of face coverings (a mask or shield/visor) is mandatory* for all classes as present.
*Please contact the Recovery College on 0203 513 5818 if you wish to discuss this further.
We provide a library and knowledge service for all staff and students across the Trust wherever you are based.
Staff and students are automatically members once a Trust email address has been allocated.
All the services listed are free and can be tailored to your needs so please get in touch:
- Literature Search Service – we provide a search of the literature for you to identify journal articles, documents, books, websites and resources;
- Current Awareness Service – we keep you up to date with journal tables of contents, evidence bulletins and newsletters;
- Document Delivery Service – we order journal articles and books from other libraries for you and email/post them to you;
- Enquiry Service – we answer enquiries by email, phone and in person;
- Training opportunities – we train you how to use online resources;
- Other Libraries – join St George’s Library, University of London for full borrowing rights and for walk-in access to St George’s electronic resources.
Both our libraries provide:
- Quiet study spaces
- Access to computers, printing, photocopying, scanning and shredding facilities
- Books to borrow
- Online access to a range of-journals, e-books, health and social care databases, quality evidence-based online resources, Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines Online, and funded CPD resources via the RCP and BAP.
Register for an OpenAthens account at: openathens.nice.org.uk/
Where to find us
Storey, Building 30,
1st Floor, Rm 108
Contact: Olga Rak
(Library Services Manager) Tel 0203 513 6033
Access: The library is available 24/7. If your ID card does not allow access to Storey, please update your ID card at the Gate Lodge at Springfield.
2nd Floor, Rm S8
Contact: Tel 0203 513 5026
Access: Use your swipe card between 8am-8pm. If you do not have a swipe card please contact the reception staff located on the 1st Floor, Acacia Unit. You will need the library door code – please contact your librarians or ask the reception staff.
Guidelines and protocols
To help our staff stay up to date and informed on latest practice, we issue regular guidance and advice as below:
Shared care agreements
Click here to see the shared care agreement.
Medicine Information Service
The Medicines Information Service is available to healthcare professionals (doctors, nurses, pharmacists, midwives, dentists, dieticians etc.) working in primary and secondary care. For patients across the London boroughs of Kingston, Merton, Richmond, Sutton and Wandsworth the service is available via the Medicines Helpline.Submitting a Medicines Information EnquiryIf you are a healthcare professional, please use this webform to contact us.If you are a patient, please contact us via the Medicines Helpline.
The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) advises the National Health Service (NHS) regarding treatments that should be made available. You can read their appraisals on the use of medicines which are relevant to the services we provide, here.