Kingston CAMHS (Woodroffe Family Adolescent and Child Team)
Service address: Woodroffe House, Tolworth Hospital, Red Lion Road, Surrey KT6 7QU
Contact name: Pat Cann Admin Lead
Telephone numbers: To make a referral enquiry 0203 513 5183
E-mail address: Kingston.firstname.lastname@example.org
How to get here: View map
Area served: Kingston
Opening hours: Mon – Fri 9am-5pm
Our CAMHS team offers a range of assessments and treatments for children and young people with enduring and moderate to severe mental health disorders which strongly impact their daily lives.
Referrals are accepted for children up to their 18th birthdays who are registered with a Kingston Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) aligned GP.
A combination of evidence based, disorder specific clinical interventions are provided according to the young person's needs and as agreed with their family through care planning. Interventions are clearly targeted and goal focussed. Progress is regularly reviewed as we work towards ensuring a smooth transition and discharge from the service.
What we do
Our services include
- Assessment of moderate to severe mental health/conditions, formulation/diagnosis and treatment recommendations.
- Risk assessment and risk management plans to support children and young people presenting with mental health difficulties to support safety and optimal functioning.
- Initial assessment, management and service signposting for young people presenting to Kingston Hospital with self-harming behaviours and/ or mental state crisis.
- Psycho-education and support to the family about the child's specific needs and disorder
- Cognitive behaviour therapy
- Brief/interpersonal therapy
- Family therapy
- Pharmacotherapy with advice and monitoring
- Parent work around the child's needs
- Consultations and network meetings with other professionals
All CAMHS referrals now come via the Local Authority Single Point of Access, which is based within the Prevention and Early Help department of Social Care.