Phase One: Hebdon Road
The first phase of development at Springfield University Hospital is a residential development comprising of 26 new homes.
Bellway Homes, the site developer, have begun to prepare the site and construction is scheduled to be completed in Autumn 2017.
All 26 properties will be terraced houses of two to three storeys in height, with those nearest Hebdon Road a similar size to the existing houses. There will be eight two-bedroom properties, and eighteen four-bedroom homes. The homes will have front and back gardens to provide privacy buffers and to contribute to the quality of the public space.
This phase is carefully designed to fit with the wider site masterplan and meet the requirements of the heritage landscape at Springfield.
- The planning application for this phase is available to view on Wandsworth Council's planning website:
- Reserved Matters application - reference number 2014/6584
- Variation of Condition application - reference number 2014/6585
- Condition application - reference number 2014/6586
We are working hard with the site developer, Bellway Homes, to reduce the impact of disruption and noise during this development work for our neighbours, patients and staff. Some of our commitments are:
- Reducing vehicle trips by keeping as much spoil material as possible on site
- Providing a space to store building materials and equipment which would otherwise have to be brough to the site daily
- Registering the site with the Considerate Constructor Scheme
- Providing regular progress updates in partnership with Bellway Homes
- Ensuring the site is kept tidy
Bellway Homes is also required by Wandsworth Council to comply with a strict travel plan. This includes the movement of construction vehicles to enter and exit the site via the larger entrance at Burntwood Lane (as access via Glenburnie Road would mean these vehicles navigating through some narrow residential streets).
For information relating specifically to the phase one construction, you can contact Bellway Homes' site manager Eddie Matthews on 07794 250 041 or 01737 644 911.
If you have any other questions or comments contact us on email@example.com.