We understand that a healthy work life balance is important, which means that we offer a range of excellent benefits when joining the Trust.
Pay, pensions and leave:
- Pay - Most NHS salaries are determined by Agenda for Change bands, and these can be found on the Department of Health website or visit NHS Employers website. When you commence your role with us, we do a detailed salary review in line with Agenda for Change terms and conditions to ensure you are starting at the correct level of pay.
- Advanced pay – The Trust has partnered with Hastee Pay, which means that you can receive up to 50% of your salary early.
- Generous pension - All contracted NHS staff can become members of the NHS pension scheme. This excellent package of pension benefits is fully protected against inflation and guaranteed by the government. This means an employer contribution of 20.5% of your annual salary into your pension. Your pension contributions will be depending on your salary and further information on the NHS pension scheme can be found here: Promoting the value of the NHS Pension Scheme videos and presentation | NHS Employers
- Leave – Under Agenda for Change, your annual leave will be depending on your length of service.
Appointment up to 5 years of services
27 days per annum (pro rata if part time)
5 Years of service up to 10 years of service
29 days per annum (pro rata if part time)
10 years of service and above
33 days per annum (pro rata if part time)
In addition to the above, you receive 8 (eight) days public holiday, as well as the chance to apply for special leave and career breaks. We also provide you with support to undertake volunteering activities.
Our range of benefits has been created to help you get the most out of working with us:
Everyday discounts via the NHS discount schemes - As an employee of the Trust you will have access to discounts from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
- Travel benefits
- Car Lease scheme via Knowles at discounted rate
- Season ticket Loan up to £7,000 with zero interest rates
- Park your car at our Trust all day every day for £20 per month
- Get a bicycle and accessories with value up to £5000 with up to 39% discount
Family friendly benefits – We offer a range of comprehensive family friendly benefits to ensure you are able to spend time with your loved ones. These include:
- Maternity Leave
- Paternity Leave
- Bereavement/Compassionate Leave
- Adoption Leave
- Parental Leave
- Career Leave
Work life balance– Agile and Flexible working. We recognise the importance of helping you manage your work life balance and support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, compressed hours and working from home. Additionally, wet offer an agile working environment that empowers staff to build flexibility into their day-to-day, supporting work-life balance. This includes the option of some home working; arrangements vary for each team and are subject to agreement with service managers.
Looking after your health - We offer lots of support for staff to help you look after your health, ranging from support for staff who want to stop smoking and free annual flu vaccinations to discounts at local leisure centres and discounted membership at the gyms at St George's Hospital, Fitness First and Tolworth Recreation Centre. Additionally, we offer:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Dedicated Occupational Health service
- Fast-track Physiotherapy services
- Guardian service
- Spiritual and Pastoral Care
- Free flu vaccination each year
- Counselling and support services
Eye examinations - Staff who use a computer on a regular basis as an essential part of their work are entitled to a refund for the cost of an eye test. Where staff members require glasses or contact lenses for screen-based work the Trust will also refund the cost of standard glasses with basic lenses, up to a maximum of £55. Discounts are offered at Spec Savers and Vision Express.
Staff restaurants - With staff restaurants at both Springfield Hospital and Tolworth Hospital we also operate a virtual deli for those who are short on time and want to avoid the queues. We also have many vending machines offering a range of sandwiches, crisps, confectionery and Costa Coffee.
There are also social clubs which you can join, including the Trust running club. Although members have changed over this time, there is still a hard-core of members who joined at the inception and still turnout regularly to run for an hour on a Tuesday evening. pdf Find out more about the running club (174 KB) .