Recite Me

Need a translation? Visit health information in other languages. If you need urgent help, call NHS 111 - tell them you need a translator.

Need help finding us? Click here

becoming a foundation trust

Children and young people

Children and young people and their families can be referred to CAMHS (child and adolescent mental healh services)  if  children are finding it difficult to cope with family life, school or the wider world.

If these challenges are too much for family, friends or GPs to help with -  CAMHS may be able to help.

Types of problems CAMHS can help with include violent or angry behaviour, depression, eating difficulties, low self-esteem, anxiety, obsessions or compulsions, sleep problems, self-harming and the effects of abuse or traumatic events. CAMHS can also diagnose and treat serious mental health problems such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.


Getting in touch with CAMHS

  • speak to your GP who can refer you
  • search online for Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services in your area