The hot weather has been dominating the climate around London and South East England and looks set to continue so please make sure that you look after yourselves and each other.
There are steps you can take to make things more confortable and to stay well during the heatwave.
NHS Guidance on Hot Weather:
- Shut windows and pull down shades when it is hot outside, you can open the windows for ventilation when it is cooler.
- Avoid the heat: stay out of the sun in peak times if you're vulnerable to the heat.
- Have cool baths or showers, and splash yourself with cold water.
- Drink cold drinks regularly and keep hydrated - avoid drinks high in caffeine, sugar or alcohol.
- Plan ahead - make sure you have the enough supplies, such as food, water or medication.
- Wear loose, cool clothing and a hat if you go outside.
- Check up on friends, family or neighbours who may not be able to look after themselves.