Recite Me

Need a translation? Visit health information in other languages. If you need urgent help, call NHS 111 - tell them you need a translator.

Need help finding us? Click here

Coronavirus: Wash hands, cover face, make space…. Find our Covid-19 information and updates here.

Monday, 31 October 2016

Trust celebrates double win at prestigious national Positive Practice in Mental Health Awards

Trust celebrates double win at prestigious national Positive Practice in Mental Health Awards

On Thursday 13 October SWLSTG celebrated success at the Positive Practice in Mental Health Awards as two of our teams came second and were highly commended for their hard work.

The Psychological Therapies Team, Avalon Ward was highly commended in Eating Disorders Services and the Deaf Services came second in the Diversity and Equality in Service Delivery category.

John Adlam, Principal Adult Psychotherapist on Avalon Ward, said: “I am very pleased for my team. It was lovely to receive some public recognition for the philosophy of care that the psychological therapies team has developed and promoted on Avalon Ward and the various projects and publications that have been developed with the patients.  It was important that the commendation also acknowledged the courage and resilience of these sufferers.”

Victoria Fernandez, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, said: “It was an honour to attend the Positive Practice Awards on behalf of Deaf CAMHS. We were delighted for the hard work that the service does to be recognised nationally among very strong competition and numerous examples of excellent practice across the country.”

The highly prestigious  National Positive Practice in Mental Health Awards are now in their fourth year and have grown to 17 award categories,  with over 500 nominations, and over 120 judges.

The awards celebrate and share positive practice from across England, with NHS, Local Authority, Care Commissioning Groups, and third sector organisations all being highlighted for their work.

The awards this year was co-hosted by Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and South West London and St Georges Mental Health NHS Trust.

More information about the awards can be found here

Bank Details

If you wish to change your bank details, please visit your dashboard and use the ESR Self Service (Limited Access) option.

Please note that the change must be submitted by the Payroll cut off date to guarantee the change will be applied to the current month. The cut off date can be found on the main Payroll InSite page and a list of cut off dates can be found under the calendar option on the Payroll page.

If you have mutliple assignments, you will need to make the appropriate change to each assignment. Updating bank details on one assignment will not filter through to update other assignments.

NB if you change your bank account from payday minues 7 days, please keep your old bank account open as we cannot guarantee that the change will be applied with the current month's pay.

Confirming your National Insurance number

If you have lost or forgotten your National Insurance number, or cannot find it on official paperwork, you can email HM Revenue & Customs for written confirmation, using form CA503. You can also use the online service to let the department know you have changed your name or address. National Insurance cards are no longer issued.

Form P11D is the annual return sent by the Trust to HM Revenue & Customs each July. The return covers payments that have been paid gross through the finance systems by the Trust and are treated under HM Revenue & Customs legislation as a 'taxable benefit'. Individual forms are issued to employees, where applicable, normally in June, of the information provided to HM Revenue & Customs relating to the previous year. This would normally include any business mileage in excess of 40p per mile paid through the payroll process.

You receive a P45 from your employer when you cease working for them. It is a record of your pay and tax deducted to date in the tax year. It shows:

  • your tax code and PAYE (Paye As You Earn) reference number
  • your National Insurance number
  • your leaving date
  • your earnings in the tax year
  • how much tax was deducted from your earnings

A P45 has 3 parts - Part 1, Part 1A, Part 2 and Part 3. Your employer sends Part 1 to HM Revenue & Customs and gives you the other three. When you start a new job, you give Part 2 and Part 3 to your new employer. You keep the remaining one - Part 1A - for your own records. Your employer should automatically give you a P45 when you stop working for them. If not, ask for it - you are entitled to it by law.

If you have retired, you will only be sent Part 1A as all remaining parts will be sent to HM Revenue & Customs.

If you've lost your P45, you won't be able to get a replacement. Your new employer will give you a form P46 to complete so that HM Revenue & Customs can give you a tax code number for your new employment.


Your P60 is a summary of your pay and the tax deducted in the tax year. It is a legal requirement for the Trust to issue you with this by the 31st May (for staff who were employed and paid on the payroll as at 5th April each year). You should keep this for your records as you may need it to:

  • Complete a Self Assessment tax return, if this applies to you
  • Claim back any tax you've overpaid
  • Apply for tax credits
  • Provide proof of your income if you apply for a loan or mortgage

P60s are despatched with April payslips for those staff who were employed and paid on the payroll as at 5th April each year. If you do not receive a P60 with your April payslip, please contact Payroll straight away.

Requests for copies should be sent to Payroll up to and including 31st May.

Please note

Copies of P60s for years 2013/14 onwards can be obtained by using Employee Self Service. If you require copies for years prior to 2013/14, there is a £5.00 charge for each year requested. You will need to email Payroll ( requesting which year(s) you require and also that you accept the charge being deducted through payroll.

If you leave the Trust and require copies, you will need to write in requesting which year(s) you require and also include a cheque, made payable to South West London & St George's Mental Health NHS Trust for the appropriate amount


Payslips are distributed to individual departments/units on payday or the day before. Whilst you may receive your payslip before the 26th, employee salaries will not be paid into bank accounts until the actual payday. The frontpage of InSite will be updated when payslips are ready for collection and are collected by department team members (id will be required) or sent via courier service to most of the units e.g. Sutton, Merton, Richmond, Kingston, Social Care Community House, Peripatetic houses and 24 hour support houses.

There are exceptional circumstances where payslips are sent out to employees home addresses including where an employee is on long term sick, maternity and adoption leave, where an employee has been suspended on full pay or when an emplyee leaves the Trust.

Please keep your payslip safe and check it each month. If you believe you have been over or underpaid, please contact the Payroll Department ( or phone your borough contact.

If your payslip address is incorrect, please email Delroy Douglas ( in Human Resources who will advise on the updating of your payslip address.

Copy Payslips
If you require a copy of your payslip, you are able to view and print copies using Employee Self Service.

Charitable Giving

The Trust is able to offer charitable giving via the 'Charitable Giving' scheme. Contributions are deducted before tax. For more information, please go to the Charitable Giving website (


Keep up to date with the latest news from the trust