There are lots of resources which can help when reporting on mental health.
Good Mental Health: Where to next - as part of Mental Health Month 2016, Dr Phil Moore and Dr Emma Whicher held a Mental Health Masterclass. Here is their presentation ( pdf Mental Health Masterclass October 2016 (1.22 MB) ) which discusses current mental health issues in the UK as well as what the future looks like.
Other useful resources
- Media Reporting Guidelines
- Time to Change - Mental health statistics and facts
- MIND - Mental health facts
- Terms you need to know when reporting on mental health
- Crisis Services: A guide explaining what mental health crisis services are available, how they can help and when to access them.
- Mental Health Foundation - reports and publications