Child and Adolescent Mental Health Learning Disability Service
Who we are
Wandsworth CAMHS-LD is a Tier 3 service providing specialist assessment and treatment for children and young people living in the borough of Wandsworth and registered with a Wandsworth GP who have moderate to profound intellectual disability and present with mental health needs or challenging behaviour.
Wandsworth CAMHS-LD offers a range of treatments and assessments for children and young people experiencing mental and physical health problems, or presenting with behaviour that challenges those around them. Where appropriate, combinations of approaches are used within a multi-disciplinary framework, in line with the young person’s needs and goals as agreed with the family through a care planning approach.
Who is the service for
Children and young people within the London Borough of Wandsworth who have a moderate to profound learning disability and associated mental health and/or challenging behaviour.
Where to find us
61 Glenburnie Road
Telephone: 020 3513 5000
Our opening hours
Monday - Friday: 09.00 - 17.00
Who you might see / our staff
- Clinical Nurse Specialist/Team coordinator: Denise Gentry
- Consultant Psychiatrist: Helen Simmons
- Clinical Nurse Specialist: Alice Ryan
- CPN: Rachel Siddall
- Clinical Psychologist
- Speech and Language Therapist
What you can expect
The team works with the child’s/young persons network and may offer:
- Specialist assessment of suspected severe mental illness e.g. psychosis
- Specialist assessment for neurodevelopmental disorders e.g. social communication difficulties, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), if already open to the team and is part of their identified care plan
- Functional assessment of challenging behaviours
- Development and implementation of positive behavioural support plans with specialist individual interventions for behavioural work
- Risk assessments
- Psychoeducation related to specific disorders and diagnosis
- Group work addressing the needs of children and young people and/or parents and carers
- Pharmacotherapy advice, implementation and monitoring
- Consultation to the child’s network for complex cases
Referrals are accepted from GPs, Paediatric services, schools and social care. Referral forms are available on request and once received will be screened by the team. If appropriate, an initial assessment will be undertaken, incorporating home and school observations as well as a face to face assessment with parents/carers.
Please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org