Child and Adolescent Neurodevelopmental service
Who we are
The Neurodevelopmental Assessment Service offers assessment where there is a clearly identified need for assessment of possible Autistic Spectrum Disorder / Attention Deficit with Hyperactivity Disorder.
Who is the service for
This is a specialist service for children and young people up to 18 years old with a referral of Autism or ADHD, their parents/carers and other professionals who work with them.
Where to find us
61 Glenburnie Road
Telephone: 020 3513 5000
Our opening hours
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Who you might see / our staff
- Lead Administrator: Pauline Davis-Peart
- Family Therapist: Stephen Gilles
- Consultant Child Psychiatrist: Dr Su Sukumaran
- Consultant Child Psychiatrist: Dr Neethu Hashim
- Lead Psychologist: Dr Oliver Schauman
- Clinical Psychologist: Dr Mark Chapman
- Clinical Psychologist: Dr Rosanna Catinella
- Clinical Psychologist: Dr Jessica Howe
- Practitioner Psychologist: Bettina Pataki
- Assistant Psychologist: Fiayo Okunribido
- Assistant Psychologist: Edward Oshodi
- Assistant Psychologist: Shasoty Hossain
- Assistant Psychologist: Aristea Giannakopoulou
- Assistant Psychologist: Taylor Saravanamuttoo
What you can expect
Anyone who uses our services first gets an assessment of their mental health needs.
Assessments typically last 2 hours during which parents/carers will have a parental interview and young people have a play based assessment.
Following the play based assessment, feedback will be provided to the parent/carer and young person.
Referrals should come through the Single Point of Access for the relevant borough.
Waiting times for Neurodevelopmental assessments are now averaging 52 weeks, with existing high demand exacerbated by restrictions on assessments during Covid-19.