Recite Me

Need a translation? Visit health information in other languages. If you need urgent help, call NHS 111 - tell them you need a translator.

Need help finding us? Click here

Index of services


  • Car parking
  • Disabled parking
  • Cycle parking

National Deaf CAMHS, Outpatient, South East Coastal Outreach Team

Who we are

This service provides highly specialised mental health care to deaf children and young people (aged up to 18 years) and their families and hearing children of deaf adults in the community.

Who is the service for

D/deaf children and young people (aged up to 18 years) and their families, and hearing children of D/deaf adults in the Community who are experiencing emotional, behavioural and mental health difficulties.

Conditions we treat

Where to find us

The Heathside Centre
Heath Road
ME17 4AH

Telephone: 01622 741 881

Our opening hours

Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm

Who you might see / our staff

The service has a multidisciplinary team including; Consultant Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist, Specialist Mental Health Practitioner, Occupational Therapist, Deaf Family Support Worker, Team administrator.


What you can expect

Everyone who uses our service first gets an assessment of their mental health needs and a plan of the care and support they will receive. This may include direct work with our service or signposting to other agencies for support.

Young people and families receiving care from our service will have one named person who will coordinate their care and support. This person will be their main point of contact and can say how their treatment is progressing. Treatment may take place in the clinic, at home, in schools or in another community location. The service will work closely with families and all other professional involved in the young persons’ life as appropriate.


Referrals are accepted from external professionals including schools, GP’s, social services and audiliogosts.

Self-referrals are also accepted from families but families are encouraged to discuss with with local professionals (teachers, GP, social worker) prior to completing the form where possible. 

Referral form