Who we are
This is a regional specialist adult neuropsychiatry outpatient service commissioned by NHS England. Our Specialist Adult Neuropsychiatry outpatient service offers a specialist multi-disciplinary, pro-active and comprehensive service to adults suffering from a range of neuropsychiatric conditions including neuropsychiatric co-morbidities with neurological conditions and functional neurological disorders.
Who is the service for
The service is for persons from the ages of 18 years old to older adults, who have complex needs and will require specialist assessment or treatment.
Where to find us
St George’s Hospital
Telephone: 020 3513 5000
Our opening hours
Monday - Friday: 09.00 - 17.00
Who you might see / our staff
- Team Manager / Nurse Specialist: Holly Zephrine
- Consultant Neuropsychiatrist: Dr Niruj Agrawal
- Consultant Neuropsychiatrist: Dr Norman Poole
- Consultant Neuropsychiatrist: Dr Jacob Bird
- Consultant Neuropsychiatrist: Dr Charlotte Wattebot-Obrien
- Speciality Doctor: Dr Andrea De Angelis
- Principle Highly-Specialist Clinical Psychologist: Dr Sarah Cope
- Specialised Clinical Psychologist: Dr Barnie Proctor
- Assistant Psychologists, Honorary consultants
What you can expect
Anyone who uses our services first gets an assessment of their neuropsychiatric and mental health needs; with a plan of the care and support they will receive.
They will also have a named clinician who will manage their neuropsychiatry treatment; care and support including signposting on, when necessary. This person will be the main point of contact.
Neuropsychiatry treatment offered is evidence-based, patient-centred and collaborative. The treatment options include psycho-education, self-help strategies, pharmacotherapy and individual and group-based psychological treatments including CBT. Treatment links closely with in-service clinical resources and MDT input from the neurosciences centre and trust mental health services.
In the event of a mental health crisis please contact:
- Your GP or your local CMHT or mental health care coordinator. Out of office hours, the patient (relative / carer) can contact the SWLSTG NHS Trust Mental Health Support Line on 0800 028 8000. The Crisis Line for Surrey – Tel: 0300 456 8342.
- A&E Department of their nearest hospital.
How to contact us
General enquiries about the neuropsychiatry outpatient service Monday - Friday: 09.00 - 17.00 Please Telephone: 0208 725 3786; clinic appointment enquiries: 0208 725 5289 and out of service hours: 020 3513 5000
Please email NeuroPsychiatryReferrals@swlstg.nhs.uk . We accept referrals who live in the SWLSTG NHS Trust catchment area and Surrey, from a wide range of neuroscience and mental health professionals, as well as from GPs so long as they are appropriate.
Outpatient referrals are made through a referral clinic letter. For complex patients, telephone discussions are welcome once we have received the initial paperwork.
New patients may be seen whilst they are inpatients or day patients at one of the neurology or neurosurgical wards of St. George's Hospital. However, the majority of referrals involve outpatient assessment and treatment.