Wandsworth Rehab and Recovery Team
Who we are
We provide treatment, care and support for adults with severe and ongoing mental health problems.
Who is the service for
This service is for adults 18-65 with severe and ongoing mental health needs. The service is mainly for residents of Wandsworth but some specialised in-patient care is available for Merton, Kingston, Richmond and Sutton.
Where to find us
61 Glenburnie Road
Telephone: 0203 513 6692
Fax: 020 3513 6708
Our opening hours
24 hour inpatient, residential and community services operating 7 days a week.
Office hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm.
Who you might see / our staff
You might see any of our staff when you visit including:
- Community Clinical Manager Recovery Pathway (Rehabilitation) - Phyllis Prendergast-Flynn
- Christine Badi - 0203 513 6245 (Team Manager)
- Bernie McManus - 0203 513 6692 (Team Secretary)
- Angie Maenzanise/Vishnoo Sookur - Care Co-ordinators
- Dr Charlotte Harrison - Consultant Psychiatrist
- Dr Sam Tham - Associate Specialist
- Dr Alison Greig - Speciality Doctor
- Dr Lisa Sheldon - Lead Clinical Psychologist
- Stephen Purvis - Lead Occupational Therapist
- Rupert Farnfield/Chris Monier-Williams - Recovery Support Workers
What you can expect
Anyone who uses our services first gets an assessment of their mental health needs and a plan of the care and support they will receive. They will also will also have one named person who co-ordinates their care and support. This person will be called either a named professional or, if your needs are more complex, a care co-ordinator. This person should be your main point of contact. You can speak to them about how your treatment and support are going.
Email address for referrals: WandsworthRehabReferrals@swlstg-tr.nhs.uk
Referrals can be made to the service for the following:
- Management at our in-patient units - Phoenix or hospital hostels (not the supported houses we manage, and also please note that we do not have a CPN service)
- You need to bring a case through us before applying for funding e.g. social care and PCT placements.
- Advice about management e.g. medication (in which case, we would want a medication/treatment history completed prior to referral)
- We would also expect that the referral to Rehab has been discussed by the referrer with the Service User and their Carer(s).
We also expect the Rio Core-assessment / ongoing sections completed so that we know the medical and social background of the individual. A functional ADL assessment, updated risk assessment and care plans should be available.
Once your team has decided to make a referral please send the referral letter (password protected) via the Wandsworth Rehab Referrals email address. We will try to deal with your referral as quickly as possible.
Other useful information
The individual services which fall under Wandsworth Rehabilitation and Recovery:
Phoenix Unit - High support, low secure inpatient ward
24 hour nursed residential houses: Old Hospital Close Foulser Road, Brightwell Crescent and Ouseley Road
Peripatetically supported housing: Dorothy Latchmere Rossiter Brenda Road Wakehurst Hebdon Honeywell
Clozapine clinic: A Clozapine Clinic takes place in the Springfield ECT Suite in the Admissions Building of Springfield University Hospital every Tuesday from 8.30am to 3.30pm.