Recite Me

Need a translation? Visit health information in other languages. If you need urgent help, call NHS 111 - tell them you need a translator.

Need help finding us? Click here

Coronavirus: Wash hands, cover face, make space…. Find our Covid-19 information and updates here.

Support for younger carers

Support for younger carers

Tell someone If you are spending a lot of time looking after a family member or doing lots of chores around the house.

Even if it seems like you are only worrying about your relative and not really looking after them, you can get help. Worrying like this is called emotional caring. Other types of caring include doing things like cooking, cleaning, looking after younger siblings and helping someone to take their medication correctly.

Teachers at school, a social worker, a doctor or a family friend can all help you. You can also contact a Young Carers service directly yourself to talk to them about your situation. See the contact details for these below.


If you are a parent with mental health or substance misuse difficulties, you are not alone.  Many others are in a similar situation.  There is plenty of support available for you and your children. Talk to your GP or care co-ordinator if you have one for further information about the support available.